The SGAP (Superior Gluteal Artery Perforator) flap procedure is a viable alternative to other types of flap surgeries when the patient lacks sufficient donor fat in the thighs or abdomen. With our Beverly Hills SGAP flap surgery, fat, skin, and tissue are taken from the upper buttocks and used to reconstruct the breast mounds.
What are the qualities of a good candidate?
- Wishes to use their body's own tissue for breast reconstruction
- Lacks sufficient donor fat in the belly
- Is slender with low body fat
- Has previously undergone abdominal surgery
- Has not been successful with abdominal flaps
- Has not been successful with implant reconstruction
- Has not previously undergone liposuction in the buttocks